Tennis is referred to as the ‘sport for a lifetime’ and it provides a good share of fun and challenges. But there are many factors and accessories that you need to take into account to enjoy this game to the full extent. Among all, one of the most vital accessories is a tennis court divider.
These are a significant addition for a club with adjacent courts. In this article, we'll tell you everything you should know about the tennis court dividers. So let's get started.
What are Tennis Court Dividers?
These are tennis game equipment, consisting of the strips of netting which are installed between the adjacent tennis courts. These can be called “fencing”, as these help in preventing the balls to pass through.
Now that you understand the meaning of these dividers, let’s know why these are so important.
Importance of tennis court dividers:
- Suppose you are having a serious match with your opponent and suddenly, a ball from a nearby court hits your court and interrupts your crucial game. Your focus is shattered and the thrill of the game is lost.
- This can be prevented by installing the tennis court dividers. These hang from the ceiling and touch the floor. The mesh spacing is small enough to prevent the ball from passing through.
- In the game of tennis, there is a serious threat to the safety of the spectators, watching the game from a side or adjacent sports field. The player hit the ball with a great force and if any nearby spectator gets a hit of such force, he can be severely injured.
- These tennis court dividers serve as the ball catchers to protect the audience or spectators from the ball impact. Not only these protect the spectators, but also protect the players from getting hit by the balls from the courts in the vicinity.
- These are proven as the ultimate time-saver. Usually, players waste so much energy and time in collecting balls, dropped at a distance while playing. The nets are used as fences to prevent the balls to escape from the court.
- You might not consider these nets for security purposes but think again. If you own a private court, many unwanted visitors can make their entry. Some of them might damage your expensive game equipment.
- If you're looking for a simple and minimally obtrusive way to guard your court, you may take these dividers into consideration.
Along with providing all these services, these nets add an air of professionalism to your tennis court.
Now, you may be thinking, ‘what are the different measurements I must know about before buying these nets?’ So let’s dissect this topic too.
What you need to know before installing these nets?
Checking certain dimensions before buying them would be beneficial. Their dimensions vary as the court may be indoor or outdoor. We’re considering the installation of the dividers on a standard court.
- Now, for a standard court, you’ll need a 10 to 12 feet high divider net. The length should be 120 feet. The length of the divider net can be divided into sections based on your preference.
- We recommend you 3 support rods as these are required to keep the nets stay up. Their number can vary depending on how exposed to wind, your court is and how strong the fixtures are.
- The size of the mesh also matters. The mesh size must not be very large as they will let the ball pass through and not very small as it will make the play area dark and hinder the audience’s view. The size of a tennis ball is almost 2.7 inches or 6.86 centimeters. So, the best size for the mesh would be 4.5 to 5 cm.
As we've mentioned earlier that the dividers should touch the floor, due to this contact with the floor, the bottom skirts become more vulnerable to wear and tear. Find a divider that has an easily detachable and replaceable bottom skirt.
We suggest you buy Tennis Court Supply's 18-inch VCP (vinyl-coated polyester) replacement skirts. It is 60 feet long and highly durable for perfect coverage and long-lasting use. The wear and tear rate of these skirts is much slower.
The use of materials in these dividers may differ in indoor and outdoor netting. Most people are not aware of these two kinds of divider nettings. So, in the following section, we'll tell you about the major differences between the materials used in both of them.
Indoor vs Outdoor Dividers
- In the UK, the majority of divider nettings available are meant for indoor uses only. This is because these indoor dividers held a large share of the market in the past.
- The materials used in indoor netting are different from that of outdoor. These are ideally made from a low in weight and less obtrusive nylon netting. Standard dog clips can be used to hang these.
- In case of outdoor divider nettings, stronger polypropylene netting is preferred. As these are meant to fix in an open environment, there is a danger to their durability due to sunlight. Hence, polypropylene is used in place of nylon because it is highly resistant to harmful UV rays.
The best indoor and outdoor tennis court divider nets that you’ll find on the internet are the Tennis Court Supply’s divider nets. These high-quality and durable nets are tough enough to last for many years, in indoor as well as outdoor and are weather-resistant.
Tennis court dividers are more than meets the eye. Not only do they prevent interruptions, but they also add an additional layer of safety for the spectators. We hope you found this article helpful. If you want more tennis court related accessories along with dividers, you’ll find all these at Tennis Court Supply at a reasonable price.
For more information, kindly visit our website or contact our supportive service executives, we’d be happy to assist you.