Har-Tru Top Dressing 35- 80lb Bags, 1.4 Ton
Although it is referred to as clay, Har-Tru is actually composed of crushed stone. This is what makes it such an effective tennis court surface. It is more durable and more consistent that its European clay court counterparts.
Har-Tru is made from billion-year-old Pre-Cambrian metabasalt found in
the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. It is a natural green stone that
is extremely hard and angular, two very important qualities when it
comes to tennis court construction. The angularity helps the stone
particles lock together to form a stable playing surface. The hardness provides exceptional durability. The natural green color is
classically clay and instantly recognizable. The stone is crushed,
screened, and mixed in the precise proportions necessary to produce a
stable playing surface. It is then installed over a porous base of
crushed stone aggregate to produce the final product.35- 80lb Bags (1.4 Ton)
This item exceeds the UPS weight and/or length restrictions.
Please tell us the model/item you would like, the Zip Code it will be
shipped to, whether or not if it is a residence or business, and we will
get you a firm freight cost.
- Generically referred to as "fast-dry," Har-Tru dries quickly after a rain. It also allows you to continue play through light rain.
- Har-Tru is 10-15 degrees cooler to play on than a hard court.
- Har-Tru is easier on the body and reduces the incidence of common tennis injuries to the lower extremities.
- Har-Tru is quickly and easily installed and can be constructed directly on top of hard courts.
- Har-Tru is a porous surface that reduces runoff and soil erosion. Consequently Har-Tru can be installed in locations where many tennis court surfaces cannot due to zoning restrictions.
- Har-Tru never cracks and repairs are simple and inexpensive.
- With simple, consistent care you Har-Tru court will last forever.
CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, LA, MD, MA, NE, NV, RI, TN, residents subject to additional state sales tax charge "AFTER" check out.